Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Rain in January, Snow in July, Dust in the Rainforest and Ice in the Desert

 
Sometimes nothing makes sense. I somehow managed to park my van in the garage without leaving any space for me to pull out. I don't even know how that's possible. I mean, even if I back straight out I'll rip out the side of the van and demolish half the garage! If I'm lucky, I won't be inside the garage when it falls down. Good grief, I feel like Charlie Brown. Or, maybe if I swing really wide I'll only tear the side mirror off? Is the Hulk on retainer, like could I call him up to yank my van to the side?
 
Does this not look like a horrible monster? Turns out it was a cord for a scented lamp...
I swear the craziest things happen to me. Not long ago I thought an Alien Facehugger was attacking me in the bathroom, late at night, while I was very woozy. I nearly wet myself in all the wrong ways and stumbled out in pure panic. Sometime much later I had the presence of mind to take pictures, because I knew nobody would believe me. You can't make this stuff up--well, okay, I probably could being a writer and all, but this was pure horror! And my horrifying scream didn't wake up anyone in my house. I could have been fighting for my life against some mythical monster, and nobody even rolled over. Sheesh.
 
It's not all bad, of course. I have plenty of laughs and great stories to tell. As they say, "Life imitates art." Maybe I have a crazy life because I pay attention to the stories, or so I can't ignore the stories. I'm not sure which, but it definitely keeps things entertaining. Hope you all have a wonderful week, and wish me luck as I do my level best to keep both my van and garage intact.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment