Friday, September 11, 2015

Tragedy and Hope

Today is Sept. 11th, and it was 14 years ago that my country was a target of horrific terrorism. Our country certainly isn't the only victim of terrorism, and we are far from the worst afflicted. But, it really becomes real in a powerful way when the violence happens in your own back yard. My heart goes out to anyone suffering terrorism currently, and today reminds me of the terrible cost of allowing anyone to wantonly destroy.

Despite the great tragedy, I wanted to lift the banner of hope. There is a bright future for those who refuse to allow a terrorist act to destroy their spirits, to push them into hiding, and to become lambs for slaughter. Just witness the countless stories of incredible bravery and heroism of this day years ago! Look at how a planeload of passengers refused to become an instrument of terror and gave their lives to stop the fanatics! See the many police and firefighters who rushed into harms way, knowing it was likely their last living act, simply to save what lives they could!

Firefighters at ground zero of the destroyed Twin Towers
image credit
Tragedy brings people together to grieve, restore and build. Yes, there is pain, but there grows a new sense of belonging and direction. We lick our wounds and move on to bigger and greater things. In a sense, it's like a fire that burns away the shrubs so new grass and trees can prosper. The loss is great, but hope for the future remains.

I love my country, I pray for my country, and I believe in my country. All patriots do the same for their own. Patriotism is a good, decent, and proud thing. Never be ashamed of being named a patriot. Patriots make a country great, and remain great.

God bless the U.S.A.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment