Thursday, October 6, 2016

Falling in love, again and again and again.

 
I hope I'll never for a moment forget the whirlwind of emotions of meeting my future bride. She is my best friend, my confidant, and constant companion. I can't imagine life without her. I never expected to find her and now see her everywhere. I find myself falling in love with her over and over. There are a million little things she does that make me grin. A single glance from her can send me into orbit. She has a smile that is mine, and mine alone. I always know I'm home when I see her face light up.
 
When I saw my children born, I experienced the surge of instant love I'd only read about until then. It's a different sort of love, yet every bit as strong as my love for my wife. The funny thing is, I find myself growing in leaps of love for them as well. I could never have imagined such depth even ten years ago, much less twenty. Children are a profound blessing.
 
I think we're hard wired to love. Look how easily we extend our love to the animals we choose as pets, or any animals at all for that matter. Loving is as natural as breathing. If I live to be a hundred, I hope I'll fall in love with my wife and kids a whole lot more.
 
- M

2 comments: