Saturday, May 9, 2015

Ode to Mothers. Happy Mother's Day!

My wonderful mother, surprised when I made a perfect strike in bowling, during a perfect game ...
(or I could be remembering it a little bit wrong...)
"Mom." Who can possibly explain the depth of emotion tied up within that single word? Mothers provide comfort, love, unending patience, and steadiness in a mixed-up, crazy world. If I live to be a thousand years old, I'll never possess the wisdom, courage, or sincerity of my mother. She is a true example to be followed and I pray my life is a reflection of the beauty of her own.

When I think of the best parts of my life, my mother is a perfect example. Like anyone, she has rough patches, but I barely see them. What I do see is a life I want to emulate. She has sacrificed so much, and asked for so little, that I'll never be able to repay all of it. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll come close. Whatever I can do will never be enough though. She deserves so much recognition and praise. I can only thank her from the bottom of my heart.

To think of your mother is like pulling a warm blanket over your heart. Why is it that men in combat ask for "Mom" when they're hurt? Because when Mom is there, everything is alright, you're safe and home. And why is it that at sporting events we hold up signs: "Hi, Mom!" Why? Because we want our mother to know we're on television and enjoying our moment of fame. Kids want to impress their mom, so all is right in the world. If we could, we'd do a dance too.

Mom, I love you with all I am. I'm proud you're my mom and I hope you feel special this Mother's Day.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment