Monday, September 18, 2017

Wow, how time flies ...

Isn't it incredible how fast time rushes past, especially when you're doing something fun? I completely lost the weekend in a blur of editing my newest book. I've heard it said that if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life. That's true. However, it may not begin that way. When you're first learning a skill, it's tough as nails to keep learning. You have to force yourself. But, there comes a time when the work becomes natural (not necessarily easy) and you find enjoyment in the process.

image credit
Then there are those activities which are a joy from start to finish. Sports you enjoy, parties you love, games you can hardly wait to play. Life is filled with wonders and joys. Why do we spend so much time complaining about the things we dislike? I've never understood that. Sure, scooping trash and cleaning gum off the sidewalk isn't particularly celebratory, but there's no need to dwell on it -- unless it's your job and you're making money, in which case feel free to celebrate all the way to the bank.

I think I need to set an alarm so I realize what time of the week it is. Lost track of time? No. I'm not sure what day it is!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment