Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Change in the weather, change of season, change of mind

With the beginning of Fall, I'm reminded by how much I enjoy watching the seasons change. I love the colder weather, especially when it snows, and enjoy the leaves changing colors. People are oddly sensitive to changes in nature--the old howling at the Moon aspect comes to mind--and may become very moody for various reasons. To me, nature's many changes is like a listening to a wonderful symphony. Sure, there's lots of different things going on, but it all works together and forms a masterwork every time.

Seasons all have their own special beauties (though I can make a case for Summer being mostly awful). I have a lifetime of special memories in every season, any kind of weather, and with all kinds of temperaments. We have a saying, which goes, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." I suspect this saying is true nearly anywhere in the world to a certain extent. Take a little bit of time and enjoy the wonder of it all.

Do you have a favorite season, or weather? My wife adores the sounds of rainstorms and thunderstorms (so I've found a neat app which does those sounds by random and therefore never repeats itself). It's very relaxing and gentle, in the same way that sea surf rolling onto a beach eases the soul. Crickets, frogs, and all sorts of animals also make noise people enjoy, but I doubt I'll ever join that crowd. Perhaps I'll change my mind later.. or the weather will vary to make me happy.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment