Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Snow! The fabulous stuff of Winter!

Sadly, I live in a state where Winter is more a suggestion than a reality. We do get a chance to see snow now and again, but it rarely stays. As a matter of course, snow removal is usually wait and let it melt. Ah well. I do hope sometime to enjoy another white Christmas, but I may be waiting for a long time. And, yes, I do enjoy both looking at snow and driving in it. There's a particular thrill only enjoyed by sliding around in the snow.
 
There was a time when we actually had an honest-to-goodness blizzard, including white-out conditions. My wife and I threw on our heavy coats and we mustered the kids (grumbling and complaining) to slog through the snow and go to a corner gas station. We couldn't see more than a few feet, but I have an excellent sense of direction and it wasn't far. We made it to the gas station, had hot chocolate and hot coffee, then trudged back. There were amazing drifts by that point...
 
A small drift, likely melted by mid-morning I think..
You see, that's a memory our kids will cherish forever. Possibly they will regale others with lyrical renditions of how awful it was and how terrible it was for me to force it on them. That's a solid memory for them! They'll never forgive--er, forget it. Life is built of such memories. It was wonderful.
 
- M

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful experience. I loved it and would doing it again.

    ReplyDelete