Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron review

I finally got to see the newest Avengers movie, "Age of Ultron." So, was it good? It was great! It's a fantastic action popcorn movie where you take your brain off the hook and let it wash over you. Like any action/superhero movie, if you dwell too much on the plot details it'll all fall apart. Eh, no matter. The action is wonderful, the characters likable, and the villain is interesting and quirky. I can hardly wait to see what Marvel does next with their epic plan of all these movies. (Geek alert: I actually read the Infinity War comics way back when it first came out and am nerding out over it already, and, yes, I was one of the fools cheering at the end of the first Avengers movie because I recognized the purple dude).

One aspect that really stood out to me was the villain, Ultron. In the comics, Ultron is ranked right up at the top of all the bad guys, and is consistently returning as a massive force against the Avengers. In this movie, he is immediately doing bad things yet retains a child-like aspect in thinking everything is one way or the other. Ultron is terrifyingly violent, but has a playful side that keeps coming out. In a way, he's completely insane and does all kinds of wacky things. A villain is just as key to the story as a solid hero. Ultron is great at his job. I hate him.

Yes, I highly recommend the Avengers: Age of Ultron. It's a fun movie. Moreover, it's an easily understood story, filled with action, and all ages will enjoy it. There are wonderful little bits throughout the movie, but I think all of us nerds went crazy over Iron Man in his Hulkbuster armor going after the Hulk. I can't be the only way salivating over that scene. It was wonderful!

So, go out and see it. When it comes out on DVD get out and buy it.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment