Saturday, June 6, 2015

San Andreas frenzy!

There's a new action movie out right now, "San Andreas," featuring the Dwayne "Rock" Johnson. It's about the fault line running through California finally going foom and causing a massive earthquake. The main plot follows our hero, who is part of a helicopter rescue team, and his fight to get his family to safety. It's exciting, action-packed, and full of heroics and courage. It's encouraging, positive, and ultimately uplifting. So, why are critics surprised it's doing well? Do they really think a good hero movie will tank badly?

I love seeing heroes succeeding, and will gladly pay my hard earned money to watch them. That's a common theme here on this blog, and for good reason. We desperately need heroes. We need people driving us toward greatness. We need examples to follow. We need paragons (a great word for you to look up to, if you haven't heard of it before). And, "San Andreas" provides a hero to emulate. And, it's clear that the viewing public agrees. As of June 1st, 2015, it's made $54 million and has only been out a single week! Impressive, most impressive.

In the end, I'm just glad to see a movie with heroes we want to emulate. I want more! Give me new myths, new villains, and new heroes to challenge those baddies! I'll never have enough, and I always beg for another helping.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment