Friday, June 13, 2014

Dad, my hero and my father

My father is the greatest hero in my life. He is an example to follow, a wise teacher, and loves me more than I could ever deserve. He has always been there for me, despite being in another state, and I'm sure it wouldn't matter if he were on the Moon. Most of all, he taught me how to be a man.

It's difficult to express the greatness of my father, especially someone as humble and wise as he is. The best I can do is say, "Thanks, dad." How can I say how much I admire him? How many words would it take to say how greatly I respect him? If I had all the days of the universe to explain how much he means to me, it wouldn't be enough.

He's my hero.

Being a father myself, I'm painfully aware of how inadequate I am. The greatest comfort I have is that my hero raised me, trained me, and guided me throughout my life. Hopefully my children will have many more years to enjoy being around my hero, my dad.

Happy Father's Day, dad. I love you.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment