Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Big, really big, just hugely vastly big

I love jokes. Puns, little stories, punchlines. All sorts. Humor is the lifeblood of what it means to be human. Well, maybe not that grand, but it's a great thing. Enjoying a good joke keeps you young, loosens your mind, and makes you take life a little less seriously. Why not enjoy it?

I grew up with comedians, and not just in my own house. Recordings, radio, movies. Comedy came in from all areas. It hasn't stopped. For that, I'm very glad. I'm richer for it, not just a sense of humor, but a sense of life. All that from laughter. Amazing.

Just how big can jokes be? I doubt anyone knows, but we have comedy movies and plays, books and operas. I really doubt there has been any part of human history without jokes. I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing Adam said to Eve was a knock-knock joke.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment