Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Life is tough, so chew slowly and take small bites

I haven't eaten a real steak in years. I don't have enough molars in my mouth to chew steak. Yesterday, I had my last set of usable molars extracted. Still, I'm grateful that food isn't completely denied me. There are lots of people far worse off than me. Life has a way of keeping us on our toes. Like the old saying, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Yes, it's trite and overused, but the principle holds even now. Adapt, change, work out a new way of doing things. But, don't give up.

I suppose there are some people who haven't ever had a thing go wrong, but I've never met one. So, we can all relate to one another, and yet everyone's pain is unique and unknowable. Yup, life is crazy. Yet, we toddle around and make the best of it. Humans are like that--we take a beating and get up and find a way through anyway. Maybe we should keep a tally of our falls, just for fun? Perhaps we could give awards, and celebrate the triumphs? Sure, there are already awards for excellence, but why not for stubborn resilience? Just a thought.
 
So, here I am, encouraging you all to press on and finish what you started. Yes, we all get knocked down, face fears, suffer countless agonies, and basically get pounded on. Despite all this, I hope you know that it's worth it in the end. Fight for your dreams; keep them alive, no matter what. And, never give up!
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment