Thursday, July 16, 2015

Angry Birds - Star Wars edition ... get it ... get it now! ... get it now, you must!

I can't believe I missed a post because I spent last night playing Angry Birds - Star Wars edition. I'm embarrassed. On the plus side, what a fantastic game that is! If you've ever played a knock-down-the-blocks game as a kid, then this is the grown up version on steroids. It has fun puzzles, an engaging play style, and wonderful characters. The Star Wars characters we all love are folded into the world of Angry Birds with love and joy.

Rovio Entertainment
Computer games have been a part of my life since their inception. I particularly love rpg games, but I do enjoy a good action game. Mostly, though, I like puzzle games. There's something especially enjoyable to me when I solve a puzzle in a creative way, or break through a devious plan and come out on top. Maybe it's my way of saying, "Aha! I'm smarter than you!" But, of course, that's the point of a game, in that you beat it. Games aren't much fun if you can't win, and I doubt anyone would play for very long if it is hopeless. You can only beat your screen in frustration for so long before you chunk it and go on to something else.

It's been a pleasure to watch the game industry flex and bend with new technologies. I remember when the first mobile phone games came out, and I did roll my eyes at them. Now, it's a multi-billion dollar industry, with no signs of slowing down. People want something simple they can goof around on for a few minutes (or hours as my case was) and then go about their day. It's great, and I hope it continues for a long time to come.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment