Monday, July 7, 2014

Spring rains, Summer sunshine, Fall colors, and Winter chills.

Ah, the glory of the seasons. They are the inspiration of poets, the muse of composers, and the idyllic landscapes of artists. Vivaldi scored his great "Four Seasons" based solely around the concept of changing weather throughout the year. What a wonderful world we live in!

It's easy to gape and stare at the world around us. I'm actually fairly colorblind (not entirely, but shades of colors utterly elude me), yet even I can enjoy the Fall and the myriad colors around me. I'll admit not liking the Summer heat, and I love Winter and all of its sparkling snow. Everybody enjoys different things about the Seasons, and everyone has different reasons why they do. But, we all enjoy the world around us. It's magnificent in its variety and forms.

That's one thing I believe we can all agree on. Changing weather is a good thing. Sure, the Caribbean has terrific temperate weather, but without the cool breezes I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as fine. And, yes, there are parts of the globe that are very unpleasant (Death Valley, or perhaps Siberia), yet people do go there and stay there. Humans are supremely adjustable in that regard. We go everywhere.

So, let the seasons inspire you . Open up and let what surrounds you fill you up. Smile. It's a glorious day.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment