Monday, November 4, 2013

Pure, wonderful, laughter: The Red-Green Show

I love to laugh. I love to joke, and goof around. There's this crazy Canadian show called The Red Green Show. It's this absolutely nuts gentleman who is the leader of the local Possum Lodge, and he loves to invent things (using duct tape almost exclusively, since nothing else would make sense of course). Every episode has some small story going on, but there are recurrent features that are a blast to watch.

Sometimes I like to just take my brain out and set it aside, so I can enjoy pure laughter for its own sake. That's what this tv show does for me. I can sit for half an hour and giggle myself silly, watching a grown man try to make an RV out of duct tape and refrigerator doors (really, it's an episode). The amazing thing is that many of his inventions do work, they just aren't very practical. Also, the actors all thoroughly enjoy the jokes and don't take any of what they are doing very seriously. I appreciate that aspect, and love seeing what these crazies will come up with next.

I think we grow as people when we can take a step back and laugh at ourselves. Humans are strange creatures, they deserve a good prodding every now and then.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment