Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Top Gear, especially Top Gear challenges

Cars are huge business, and Top Gear (the BBC version) is a massively successful show which talks about cars. I'll admit I've never been all too keen on cars, though I do greatly appreciate them moving me from one place to another. Yet, the Top Gear show is totally riveting to me. I have no idea why, but the banter between the show's hots is gripping. Also, the hosts know so much about cars that it completely astounds me.

But, the thing that really get me are their specials, where they go on crazy challenges and try to survive everything thrown at them. All the while they poke fun at each other, the cars, and generally have a fabulous time. I can't say I learn much from those challenges (except maybe the one where they tried to fire a care into space, a fantastic challenge that nearly worked). What gets me is just how much these guys love cars. It's gripping, and infectious. People who utterly love something spread their enthusiasm in all directions, it's inevitable.

Apart from the challenges, I also enjoy the humor throughout the show. Sure, they have a bit of childish potty humor, but there is a great deal of ribbing, kidding, pranks, and general goofiness. I love it. I'm glad the show is successful. It deserves to be. Well done, guys. Do carry on.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment