Saturday, August 19, 2017

Total eclipse of the sun! Wow.

Monday afternoon, the United States will experience a total eclipse of the sun. I remember when I was a child, I saw a partial eclipse. That was incredible, but this time I want to see the totality. However, that's if there aren't any thick clouds. The weather forecasts are all over the place, and it's only two days away. Of course, the joke is that if you want to know what the weather will be, look out of a window. I hope it will be clear and bright skies. Crossing my fingers.


Life is filled with times we will remember for the rest of our lives. I do my best to pay attention during those times, but sometimes they catch me off-guard. That's why stories are so important to me. When someone takes the time to record life events, those memories pass on to other generations. It's an incredible thing when you stop to think about it.

I've been asked why I want to travel so far to see a simple turning off of the lights. After all, each day is followed by night. It's not like we don't understand what darkness is. I don't care. I want to see the sun wink out, to see the corona flare, and the entire process from start to finish. Yup, it's ridiculous and won't alter my life in any way. Except this: I'm taking two of my children with me, and we will create a memory I'll treasure for the rest of my life. That's well worth the trouble.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment