Monday, August 28, 2017

Dance the night away!

I can't dance. Sure, my knees don't support much flailing around, but I could still do something. Sadly, I have never learned. However, I can do a pretty awesome imitation of a beached fish. Or, maybe a crippled bear. Whatever the animal, my dancing is not coordinated in any manner known to science. That's okay though, because I have fun anyway.

Why are we so serious so much of the time? I suppose it's always been that way, otherwise there wouldn't be comedians. But, at least we can laugh at their jokes and see the world for the ridiculous place it actually is. Laughter is contagious. When you're around people having a good time and sharing their enjoyment, it's really tough to be sullen and moody. Put a bit of light into someone else's life, and laugh along with them.

Some of my very favorite movies are old-time comedies. Some have nearly no plot, make very little sense, and I'm not sure even have a conclusion. It doesn't matter. I want to laugh and have fun. I miss that element in modern movies. Even comedies are too serious these days. I want more mindless, goofy, family-friendly hilarity. Or, I could just dance and let my children laugh at that. It's all the same in the end, isn't it?

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment