Wednesday, December 16, 2015

All things chocolate. Let us give thanks and rejoice!

Did you know today was National Dip Everything in Chocolate Day? And how dare you call yourself chocolatiers? I'm just kidding. Chocolate is one of those amazing feats of human engineering that dazzles and delights. I've seen some pretty amazing creations using nothing but chocolate. The creation of this treat is fairly simple, but there's a bewildering range and probably an infinite number of uses. It's sweet, rough, smooth, tart, delicate, and tough. All the same stuff ... chocolate!
 
Why do we like candy so much? Sure, it tastes good, but there's more to it I think. We love treating ourselves, and that goes in a big way to food. We eat to survive, but we also eat to relieve stress, share time with friends, and just because we want to--which is why I think we love candy. And, where there's demand there's supply. It's incredible to think people make their living creating and serving these snacks--not to mention entire industries.
 
We do love our comforts and entertainments. Sometimes I wonder if we do too much. I suppose it's only natural to want an easy life. It reminds me of the song from Fiddler on the Roof, "If I Were a Rich Man." Well, we may not have such a dream life, but we can certainly enjoy some fine chocolate. I personally prefer any with hazelnuts in it, especially the praline chocolate--like Nutella. Whatever your choice, remember, it's always better with chocolate. While your at it, try dipping anything in chocolate ... I'll bet it's better that way!
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment