Saturday, December 5, 2015

Batman v Superman new trailer!

The newest trailer for the movie "Batman v Superman" is now out. It shows a lot of action, and we get our first look at the super-monster: Doomsday. I'm only guessing, but I'm thinking a lot of what we see isn't consecutive in the actual movie, in other words, the editor is playing with our minds. Of course, trailer editing is a fine art but it isn't a truthful one--they tell stories all their own. But, what I'm seeing shows a great movie. I love the new Batman.
 
 
I'm very hopeful for this movie. The story seem well conceived, though I am worried about too many characters. Apparently DC is now wanting to kick start the Justice League universe and this movie is the beginning of it all. So, they're putting in the big hitters right away (they still haven't shown Aquaman though). The story assumes a big fight between Batman and Superman, but it seems clear now that this is the opening conflict, and a bigger fight joins everyone together despite their differences.
 
Superheroes are finally getting a Renaissance. It seems the world is looking for heroes once again, and Hollywood is responding in a big way. I wonder how far this will go? My wish is for a new golden age. We need heroes in our culture again. We need heroes in life and story, myth and reality. I love Batman and Superman, so I am pumped for this movie.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment