Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Mortal combat!

Sorry I missed last night, but I was embroiled in a fight for my life!
This isn't it, but it looks evil enough
 
Let me ask you, have you ever assembled a wardrobe?
 
I've got slivers and bumps and scratches and claw and tooth and burn marks! I swear this piece of furniture was possessed. I think there's something to that, since the instructions made me put it together upside down. Have you ever tried using a hammer while on your head? It's not easy. And, don't even get me started on turning in screws and lining up nails. Yeowch! Then, when I put it mostly together, I needed to hang the doors. That's an awfully violent process, and my feet didn't take well to it--well, I did have to lift the doors to hang them.
 
But, that wasn't everything. Once it was all together, I still had to fasten it to the wall, so it wouldn't tip over and crush me. I think the wall and the wardrobe were in on it together, because that drywall refused to open up a hole for the screw! It was uncanny. I used a spike to put a neat hole in, then tried putting in the drywall screw, and it melted and snapped in half. Hmm, no worry, I got another and the same thing happened. I pulled out a plastic sleeve and tapped it in place ... rather, tried to because the thing wouldn't slide in. Finally, I got an all metal screw with expanding sides. Hammering in that sucker took nearly everything out of me, but it worked!
 
I am victorious!
 
... except, I didn't quite put it in the correct place ... sorry, honey!
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment