Monday, October 12, 2015

Pleasure in being totally worn out

image credit
Have you ever worked so hard that by the end of the day you are too exhausted to crawl into bed? Or, how about exercising so vigorously that all you want to do is collapse on your bed and sleep--without changing into pajamas? And, don't forget playing so much that when you finally stop you get slammed by the tired truck and zonk out somewhere. It's all good, and it feels great knowing you've worn out your body in a good way.
 
Moving furniture is both pleasure and pain. On the fun side, it's great having the house looking like a house rather a yard sale. On the less pleasurable side, I'm sore, tired, and feeling a bit grouchy. Still, I'm glad it's done and my daughter now has a new desk--actually, I'm not sure it's a desk but instead some chuckling wood creature laughing at the cumbersomeness of the design and the impossible weight of it all. Yeah, her desk is a monster. Hallelujah for thrift stores! You can really find amazing deals there. (Just a tip for those looking)
 
So, now I'm slowing down, discovering what hurts after a very refreshing shower, and thinking about what else needs doing to get our house into shape. I'm thinking a good coat of "letting someone else do things for a while" sounds good. But, I know myself and I won't sit still for long. It's just not in my nature to let stuff sit around (yes, dad, I did say that finally). My kids will catch on eventually ... probably when I'm old and senile and every new move is a completely fresh adventure.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment