Monday, October 19, 2015

Let there be water! Showering triumphs of the day.

Ever get excited over little things? I am. My new showerhead arrived today and oh is it glorious! I can't believe how happy I am, but it's the simple things that make you happiest. Like having functioning shoes or clean air. I find showering to be up at the top of my list--I loathe baths, and couldn't fit in one anyway being that I'm 6 foot 4 inches. I can only imagine myself crumpled into a wet wad of unhappy skin, spooning water over my head... ugh, it's not a pretty picture.
 
Now, the question is, why does the silly thing drip? I probably didn't put enough plumbers tape on the end, but for now I'm just going to endure it and have a nice shower for once. I bought an extension and now the shower is finally high enough that I don't have to bend in half to get my hair wet. It's nice. Shiny too. Very shiny. In fact, I believe you could see enough of your reflection to shave. Not a bad idea actually.
 
My wife and children laugh that I'm easily amused, but who doesn't prefer a comfortable shower to a dip in icy mountain streams? Okay, there are some, but I'm not among them. I think it's important not to overlook the moments of absolute pleasure surrounding us every day. What we take for granted may well be the greatest things in our lives. Take a look around and enjoy life for what it is.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment