Saturday, October 10, 2015

A new grill! Let the barbeque feast begin!

I finally get to try out our new grill! Have I ever mentioned I love cooking on a grill? I particularly like charcoal, but I'm also fond of the ease of propane. So, this one is propane and I have quite a menu planned for this day. Hee hee, I'm already slobbering all over the keyboard. There's not anything nearly as good as food over an open flame, especially steak. Yum. ... I just wish I had enough teeth left to eat that, so I'll settle for chicken myself.
A grill powered by a Hemi engine! 250 hot dogs in 3 minutes!
image credit
It really is funny how after all these centuries of human existence how we still cook over fancy campfires. And still roast marshmallows. And make an oopsie as we drop our meat in the fire. And forget to turn off the propane so we need a new tank. Maybe cooking with sticks isn't such a bad idea after all? Either way, I laugh how this simple method of cooking remains so common in our digital era. I'm still waiting for the magic ovens of Star Trek, or the plasma cookery I was promised through science fiction stories. Why is it every other part of modern life gets upgraded, but not the way we cook?
 
Back to my new grill, the sucker is huge. It's a gift from friends, and wow, they love us! We are truly dazzled by the present and are very grateful. I'm sure it'll get a lot of use, and it even has a full cover (so I won't be ruining another grill by leaving it out under the rain and snow ... whoops). So, I lift a pork chop toast to all the people cooking on grills today, and I hope you all enjoy full and satisfied stomachs.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment