Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Epic backgrounds

These days there are so many backgrounds you can put on your computer (or other electronic device) that it's hard to keep one for very long. I'm currently enjoying various fantasy art backgrounds, but I'm also tempted by space shots. I tend to hold onto a background for several weeks before I change it up. And, yes, I do have a few where the background is one awesome fantasy library with books piled ridiculously high and floating candles and all sorts of neat gizmos.

And, because of cameras being everywhere, due to phone also being everywhere, we never need to miss another family picnic or get-together. So, our cameras have selfies, or candid pictures of friends, and other goofy stuff. The age of searching out that one great picture to keep as your background for a year is over, replaced by willy-nilly changes. I'm okay with that. Actually, I've even tried the auto-changing backgrounds that flip every hour or so. I've got a huge assortment of images to choose from and it's tough to pick.

One thing I'm still waiting for is a background that is essentially a window. I can't be the only who wants a live aquarium (with nice high definition) and not just bad cgi fishies wiggling around. As a matter of fact, I'd love to have one of those Slow Glass screens imagined in the absolutely incredible science fiction short story of the "Light of Other Days." Imagine being able to look through glass that held within it the actual picture of another place--such as a mountain vista--as if it were a window in your living room? What a fantastic thing it would be!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment