Saturday, March 21, 2015

Gummy Bears and candy, candy, candy.

One candy from my childhood has never faded with age: Gummy Bears. My favorite brand is Black Forest. Gummy Bears are such delightful little gelatin confections! Tough at first and chewy, but melt in your mouth. I loved them as a child, since I could buy them myself with very little money and now I still get them (I have a jar of them on my desk now). And there is even a ridiculous song about them: Gummy Bear Song.

It's amazing how little bits of candy can become such important parts of our lives. I think at our core, we humans prefer pleasure to work. That's maybe what candy is, a bit of pleasure that tickles our brains with untold delights. There's lots of types and many companies, or individuals, that make them (I personally enjoy making divinity candy) and so this love of candy continues on forever.

I sometimes wonder what the best kind of chocolate is (so far I think it's praline chocolate--not pralines, but hazelnut infused chocolate). Or what the best type of candy could be: is it mint meltaways, or vanilla divinity, or perhaps cotton candy? Well, at least life is full of lovely experiences and testing new things. Care to join me?

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment