Thursday, September 18, 2014

Amazing Spiderman 2 movie review

Spiderman is a great comic book hero. I think it's a great testimony to the longevity of the character that people are still interested enough in him that multiple movies have chronicled his adventures. Sure, they aren't completely accurate in regards to the source material, but the spirit is there.



That brings me on to the latest movie: "The Amazing Spiderman 2." I realize critics have given generally negative reviews, but I don't care. It's a fun movie. Spiderman is funny, carefree, and fights super villains. Maybe the plot isn't the most well knit thing, but so what? I daresay the comic books aren't Pulitzer prize material either. The main thing is they are fun, and so is this movie.

For me, what makes a movie worth watching is that you enjoy it.  "The Amazing Spiderman 2." fits my criteria well enough, since we rented it and will buy it. I'll happily watch it many more times, because I like the main characters of Gwen and Peter. I enjoyed the villain Electro, and loved the music. I doubt anyone went to this movie expecting a powerful examination of life and death. Why would you? Movies are an escape from reality, and this is exactly that.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. This movie is far more faithful to the comic book spirit of Spiderman than the others, and it has more fantastic moments than puzzling ones. I don't mind that the plot meanders around. The story is good enough for what it needs to do. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment