Saturday, May 10, 2014

My wife, my hero, my best friend, all wrapped together in one perfect package

Happy Anniversary darling!

There are few things in life as wonderful as someone who listens without issuing prompt judgment on you. There are even fewer people who do so and love you for it. And then there is only one for whom all judgments pale in comparison. My wife is my hero. She started off as my truest friend of all time, then my deepest confidant, and finally my companion throughout life. She is the wisest person I have the pleasure of knowing, and is as humble as they come. Indeed, God broke the mold after creating her.

Relationships are the cement holding us together in our daily lives. Without them we become hermits with bad teeth, don't bathe, and prattle on about imaginary squirrels. I don't pretend to understand how these magical connections between us get started, but I am so very glad they do. More than that even, they are important to keep us balanced between humility and arrogance. Without true friends, I daresay we'd fall to one side before too long and be of no use to anyone.

My wife has every quality that I seek to learn, has taught me how to listen, and daily shows depth of character that puts me in complete and total awe of her. I treasure her advice, and quickly discovered that when she gives it I'd better pay attention. Despite her impressive nature, she is humble and unpretentious. She is a light to be treasured, followed, and watched. I am blessed to know her, and doubly blessed that she chose me from the vast pool of suitors out there.

Happy 22nd Anniversary, the shortest years of my life.

- M

1 comment: