Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Summer is nearly here! Get ready to send the kids to camp! Woohoo.

Parenting is a whole series of ups and downs, aggravation and excitement. And, then there's the time the little crumb munchers go to camp. Wee! There's a wonderful classic song called, "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah" which expresses camp from the camper's point of view. It's hilarious and heart warming all the same. I think parents are just as happy to have some alone time as the kids are to have grand adventures. Yet, it's also a bitter-sweet time, because parents really do miss the kiddos. Love is funny like that.
 
For campers it's the fun of getting away from parents, hanging out with new friends, enjoying horrible camp food, watching the stars, and listening to crickets. Add in practical jokes, giggling at girls and boys, swimming in the lake, and snickering after lights-out. Now, that's what camp is all about! Summer never gets better than that, does it?
 
I have loads of memories of camp that I'll cherish until I'm senile and can't figure out which side of a spoon goes in my mouth. It's only fair for me to give the same gift to my children, right? I suppose the scars will eventually heal...
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment