Monday, February 23, 2015

Goofy, odd, nutty, and all around strange comedy

Since I grew up with Laurel & Hardy, Tim Conway, Bob Hope, Red Skelton, Jerry Lewis, and all kinds of other great comedy geniuses, I enjoy a wide variety of styles. That's probably why I enjoy British humor so much, because it's quirky and tons of fun if you allow it to be. Just look up Mr. Bean and you'll see what I mean. One thing I do truly wish is for modern comedians to dial down the profanity (think about Bill Cosby and how he managed to be funny without needing to wash his mouth out with soap after every performance).
 
This all brings me to one of my favorite television shows... The Red/Green Show. It's about a older handyman who has a rather special view of the world. It's harmless fun, and the cast is solid. What I really appreciate is they don't take themselves seriously at all. They poke fun at everything, while being wildly entertaining. Of course, you do have to take your brain off the hook and let it dangle in the wind as you watch, but we all need to do that every now and then.
 
I guess what I'm really getting at, is that we need goofy stuff around us to keep us laughing. Life shouldn't be so serious all the time. Enjoy it for what it is: a nutty carnival that hardly ever makes sense, but sure makes life interesting. Have fun, be happy.
 
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment