Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Breakfast, the best way to wake up the morning!

Yes, this is actually toasted bread
image credit
How did waking up become so complicated? Now, I'm racing around, finding the right socks, putting on deodorant, looking for my keys, and scrambling to stuff eggs down my throat. I'm told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but wow is it a busy one! I'm sure it'd be less hectic if I woke up earlier, set things out the previous night, and maybe hit the snooze button fewer times. Yup, that'll happen...
I've read that chefs have a special place in their heart for breakfast. Not sure if it's a good place or a bad place, but breakfast sure has a powerful bunch of different ways to do it. One day I'd love to try out the Eggs Benedict dish (I'm not terribly sophisticated), or maybe an Irish breakfast. I do enjoy eggs, so anything including them is a winner in my book. I hesitate to use the word, "exotic," because different cultures hardly think their own food is odd, but I am happy to try anything new at least once. I won't guarantee I will actually consume the items, though I will give it a hearty tasting.
 
Now, the best ever breakfast is the one served to you in bed. Yup, breakfast in bed. That is the bee's knees, the ultimate, the greatest experience ever. At least, until you spill your orange juice and feel it sloshing between your thighs. Amazing how sticky juice is, and how hard it is to convince your wife it was an accident and won't ever happen again. Maybe I should have used a tray. Hmm. Well, it's definitely a great gift to give you wife! Women love having their men cook for them (my relationship advice for today).
 
Remember, breakfast is important and don't you dare neglect it. A piece of buttered toast doesn't count...
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment