Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Rainy Days and Sweet Sunshine

My lovely wife has taught me to truly enjoy rainy days. I've always enjoyed the sound of rain, but now it's something that puts me at peace with the world. Watching her face glow, as she listens, is beyond what mortal hearts can bear. I think it's a reflection of something so magnificent it can only show a little without burning our minds to dust. That level of beauty isn't an illusion. It's not subject to decay or breaking. It's true beauty. And, I get to see it on my wife's face every time it rains.
 
Sunshine is another thing that catches my imagination. My children, when they were young, would rush out to greet the morning light and spend all day playing outside. It was magical. The feeling of warmth that the sun provides on my skin will always remind me of my children's smiling faces. You see, there are some memories which will never fade, no matter what happens to me or how much time lays between events. Those happy smiles are with me forever.
 
Sometimes I wonder if I've had a similar effect on other people. I hope so. At least, if not me, then the stories I tell. As a writer, I'd actually prefer for people to remember my books with such fervor and love. That's the gift I feel I have to offer, and I hope I'm using it well. Maybe you'll curl up by a warm fireplace, open a nice book and fall into a flood of sweet memories. That is a terrific thing to do. Why don't you do it now?
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment