Saturday, May 28, 2016

Awesomeness squared! Family reunion combined with vacation!

image credit
Vacations are always fun, but join that together with a family reunion and you have uncaged madness! It was a blast! And, of course, the purpose for doing all these things is to make memories which last a lifetime. Yup, that happened ... a lot. And, I promise to only remember the best parts. Honest. I will never ever recall the time my brother poured maple syrup all over himself, or when my dad fell asleep in his oatmeal... Okay, maybe I'm using a bit of poetic license, but I'm sure my brother did something goofy at some point in the week.
 
The truth is, we had a fantastic time together. All of our families enjoyed each other, and we forged new connections and deepened our relationships. It was great seeing my brother again, and his family. Wow, have his children grown! It reminded me that we don't live in a vacuum, in our own little universe, but rather in a world of wide wonder and surprise. It was like being a kid again, as though we all had never split off into different parts of the world. The bond of family endures and is far stronger than distance or time. That was the most wonderful part of it all--family.
 
My wife and I loved the vacation too. Our kids had a blast! We saw a neat theme park, went on rides, bought some stuff to put on shelves, watched a Chinese Circus, saw incredible vistas ... and on and on. We won't soon forget this trip, I assure you. It just goes to show you, it's well worth the trouble to get a vacation planned and executed. The end result is a raft of memories you'll cherish for the rest of your life. That makes it triple the value!
 
- M
 
ps. Sorry my blog didn't post on Monday or Wednesday. I think Tribbles were in the wiring again...

No comments:

Post a Comment