Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The future of books

Someone asked me the other day what I think about the future of books. I've never been more optimistic. I think people are craving good stories to read. The world has always been a tough place, and stories provide a perfect escape from reality--at least for a little while. And, it doesn't matter if that story is taking place on a brightly lit screen or coming through pages in a book. People want to read more than ever before.
 
The recent explosion of the e-book world is a big help. Now we are capable of taking hundreds of books with us, reading wherever we want. My father even read my most recent book on his phone. Way to go dad! He's not alone, because tons of people do the very same thing! I love it.
 
And, I think these improvements will only increase the desire to read a good story. There is magic that happens when a human mind interacts with a story. Something greater is born between the two participants, and a whole world springs into being that never existed before. Sure, I'm a romantic, but I believe with all my heart that there is a desire like never before for books and authors. Some strike it big while others tickle the minds of a special few. Whatever the circles of influence, books are growing like never before.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment