Saturday, January 3, 2015

Flying... in giant metal tubes

There are few modern things as undeniably wonderful as flying. Sure, we use giant metal machine to accomplish it, but the reality is we fly in the air faster than birds ever imagined. The feeling of lifting off the ground and soaring through the sky is indescribable. It's one of the highlights of my year anytime I get to do it. One of my dreams is to get my private flying license and get to do that all the time. That and parachuting. It's one of those things.

The thrill of flying is so deeply ingrained in our race that we won't stop until we populate the stars. We've already gone to the Moon, and plans are to go to Mars. Does anyone doubt that it won't stop until we have gone literally everywhere? And why not? We climb mountains because they exist, go to the deepest oceans because we can. So, of course we'll fly throughout space.

I doubt my dream of going to space will ever be realized, but I would like to go underwater. That's much more likely. And, going underwater has as many risks as space travel, since the environment is every bit as hostile as a vacuum. But, it's not the danger that I want to experience. It's being in another world. I love new experiences, and the worlds underwater are incredible. Flying is one I know, and love each time, but I always want to reach for something new. That's what makes life so special. New things. New replacing the old.

Live life to the fullest. Every day.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment