Saturday, August 16, 2014

From a Father to his Children

Words can hardly express my love for you. I've seen you born, seen you grow, watched you change, and prayed each day that you will find your place in this world. You are unique in all of creation, bright jewels of unimaginable value, and absolutely the best things I've had a part in forming. There are times when you completely take my breath away, and others when I want to scream in frustration. But, the good times overwhelm any bad times, and I'll cherish every moment I have with each of you. You are my dreams come to life, and it's hard to believe it's true until I get another glimpse of your smiling faces. Dreams do come true.

Fathers enjoy a special place in the lives of their children, and an enormous responsibility. We are role models, teachers, deal out discipline and love, demonstrate courage and maturity, and hopefully inspire to greatness. Philosophy aside, I am deeply honored that you trust me in so great a task. You are worth all of the sacrifices, heartache, and effort. Nothing is too small, or too big, when it comes to you. You are worth it.

I have often wondered what words of wisdom I could possibly give you. I still don't know. I'm not wise, only well read and with enough mistakes in my past that hopefully I've learned a few truths. So, here is what I say, "Live passionately, love deeply, and don't forget to play. Have faith, forget the wrongs done against you, and let your imaginations run free. Find something you love and chase after it. Never give up. Ever."

I love you, and will always love you no matter what happens in your life or anything you do.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment