Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Your One Final Meal

 
If, for whatever reason, you were forced to pick your final meal... what would it be? I have no idea how someone could decide. Would you pick a ham and cheese sandwich? Or McDonalds? I really doubt it. Probably the finer things may pop to mind, like a nice t-bone steak, or some caviar, or sparkling grape juice. Things you haven't tried before, were too poor to try, or simply never gave in to the temptation to try.

The other tactic would be to order whatever your favorite meal actually is, like steak and potatoes, or a nice charbroiled chicken, and maybe a nice pie. I like pie. Chocolate silk pie. Yummy. I think I'd choose Spaghetti Pie. Yup, that really is a meal, check it out.

I find it really interesting that despite our human need for food, and so many recipes created and passed on, that our stories have very little to say about what the characters within them eat. I think it's probably mainly because unless you're the one eating, it doesn't really have much of interest. I've read plenty of books that describe all sorts of meals, and I've generally found it boring. At times it's neat, such as when people are surviving on grubs and worms (ick) because I have no idea how to actually live that way and so it's interesting.

So, if you were forced to pick, what would it be? Maybe the better question is why?

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment