Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas! and Joy to the World!

I love ending my year by embracing the meaning of Christmas and all it entails. Could there be anything finer to add to your life? It does the heart good to reflect on such things, and the soul blossoms and grows with the watering.

My own Christmas has also included two wonderful presents, with my wife passing her RN school (she now only needs her nursing boards to be a bright and shiny RN officially), and I've had one of my knees totally replaced--the other gets the treatment as soon as possible. More than that, though, I have my children and family to be grateful for. They are jewels, all of them. Precious things that could never be replaced.

Life is like that, full of things that we have so much of, and then just a few things that actually, really, truly, matter. It's amazing how hard it is to notice the difference some times. I know that I either forget/get distracted/or simply don't look in the right spots most of the time. My desire is to do better. I wager that if my eyes were on the things that do matter, rather than the things that don't, that my life would be much better for it. It's not a New Year's Resolution, it's a Lifetime Resolution.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment