Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Last minute craziness!

Have you ever waited until the very last moment to get something done?
Yup, I sure have. I probably drove my parents crazy with all my last minute homework and projects. Hey, I can't be the only kid who slapped together their science project the night before, right? Right? Yeah, well, I'm not perfect. I have gotten better though. Most importantly, I kind of have a schedule for things that I do. Especially writing duties--although sometimes it feels like I'm strangling my Muse rather than being inspired. If I put things off these days I feel broken ... ok, no, I can't really say that with a straight face. I do try though.
 
The strange thing is I never meant to delay, and I sure didn't like the pressure of last minute projects. The worst part was knowing there was no time to spare, and I would be forced to pull an all nighter just to get it done. Yuck. It's a good sign of maturity when someone gets a task done ahead of schedule, rather than procrastinating. The wise plan ahead, while the fool falls behind. My parents tried to teach me that throughout my childhood, but only now do I really understand how important that lesson was. Thanks mom and dad, I get it now!
 
And now the cycle has turned to me as parent instructing my own children. Yup, I've been cursed with carbon copies of myself. Augh! How many times have I pulled my hair out trying to get them to do something this century? Oh how cruel the wheel of fate is ... or, maybe I've just been run over by recycled history. Either way, I'm still trying to get my kids to do things in a timely fashion. Well, hopefully they get it before their boss smacks some sense into them. Life is cruel when it teaches lessons. If I could go back in time, I'd give myself a stern talking to and maybe then I'd pay more attention to the wisdom of my parents.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment