Monday, October 20, 2014

Cotton Candy Days.

Ever read a book that takes you back to your childhood? Or seen a movie that captures a moment so perfectly that you can't help but be drawn inside? Perhaps it's music that speaks to your soul and brings tears to your eyes...
 
 
 
Or, maybe it's sitting on a blanket with your children, watching clouds pass as you eat cotton candy?
 
Moments like that make life worth living. They really do. I've spent countless hours watching clouds, imagining them forming fun shapes, and talking. Many of my fondest memories are spending time with my wife (well, girlfriend then) looking at clouds and talking. Talking about important things. Talking about silly things. Talking about dreams. Talking about hopes. Talking about the past, and the future. We became close because we talked.
 
It's amazing how fast memories such as those brings goose bumps across my arms! And when I experience a story that does the same thing, I quiver with happiness. As I grow older, I search for times that recall simpler moments, without the stress of adult life. Of course, it's different for everyone but the effect is no less.
 
Cotton Candy Days... those blissful times when all you cared about was that glorious sugar confection which melts in your mouth.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment