Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Pie. I like it.

I like pie. All pie. Every kind and color.

Well, maybe not the color of soot. And, actually, I don't like pumpkin all that much. Come to think of it, I really only eat apple pie or French silk pie. Well, just goes to show you that making blanket statements isn't a great idea much of the time, or any time for that matter. The point is, be careful what you say. Words matter. Ideas matter even more. Communicating those ideas in meaningful ways makes us special.

The funny thing about all this is, I really do like pie. I do my level best to try any new thing I'm given, and I've made my kids promise to at least try something once and then judge it. The truth is, sometimes it's really tough--I can only imagine how I'd respond if someone put a plate of snails in front of me. Yeesh. The thought is a bit up there for me. Here, have a look...it's called "escargot"...


Doesn't look all that bad really. I'll put it on my list of things to try.

Anyway, enjoy life today. Make the best out of what you've been given and give your all. Life is worth it. And, if you get the opportunity, have a nice thick slice of your favorite pie!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment