Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Completely mixed up...

Ever have one of those days when you get the day wrong, the time wrong, and can't remember where you parked? I'm not talking about casual forgetfulness, but where you apparently woke up on the wrong planet. I'm not sure why it happens, but I'm sure it's an evil plot against me. Maybe I need a fresh tinfoil hat, or better lead underwear? As they say, you're only paranoid if they don't know you know they're watching. Think about it...
image credit

I think we often become so distracted that our brains just give up and run with it. I can't be the only one who's walked through the house, to the kitchen, and then stood there with a puzzled frown and wondering what I wanted in the kitchen in the first place. At least I've never left my car keys in the refrigerator--though I have washed them. It's only when I'm not paying attention that things go awry.

What's interesting about all this, is just how often it happens and how we're all okay with it. Amazing! I bet if aliens were watching our behavior, they'd think there was some crazy memory plague going on, which nobody cared about curing. It's ridiculous how often we're completely distracted beyond ability for reason. Like going on autopilot and finding yourself walking far away from where you were and no recollection how you got there. We just didn't pay any notice because our thoughts were in the clouds.

It's all in good fun, but don't walk over any open sewer holes. Ouch.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment