Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Nerf guns and armor piercing tacos

If you've ever been a kid, you've probably been involved in a food fight at some point. It's a ritual of childhood, like climbing trees and mud pies. At some point Nerf guns came into the picture, offering the thrill of simulated battle and heroic last stands. My brother and I had huge wars in the basement, complete with little green plastic Army figures. Some years ago, I bought Nerf guns for the whole family and we enjoyed ambushing one another for weeks. It's really amazing how much variety there is now with foam weapons.

So, I'm wondering when food fights will catch up to the imbalance? I mean, there has to be someone dreaming up ideas for more effective thrown tomatoes and banana peals, right? Kids need the upgrade. I can only guess the impact on the human race, if food fights were shorter and more decisive. Yes, this could be the greatest achievement of the 21st century!


Sure, I'm not completely serious here. The world is too complicated to be solved with silliness. However, I'd love to see what might happen if we weren't so ugly and angry. Playing childish games won't make you a kid again, but it will make you laugh and giggle. There's no harm in that. Get out your best Nerf gun and have at it!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment