Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tea. Luscious, glorious, wonderful tea.

I sit down, a hot cup of tea in my hands, and close my eyes. The aroma is sweet, beckoning; a lifetime of memories in a single whiff. Bursting through my mind come images of my childhood, of warm summers, glistening snows, and lilting breezes. With a tender sip, I drink in more than a carefully chosen concoction of herbs and leaves, but a lifetime of happiness.

Admit it, there's something more to tea (or coffee) than a simple drink. The smells tickles our brains, trigging a love that never ends. It's incredible that whole industries revolve around making nothing more than flavored water. All because we can't get enough of it. Maybe it isn't something we absolutely need, but when has that ever stopped us?

Smells and emotional memories are linked beyond knowing. Maybe it's a primal need, or just our subconcious playing games with us. Whatever the reasons, aromas of all kinds are powerful things that deserve as much attention as they get.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment