Wednesday, June 5, 2013

New things

I'm enjoying learning new things this week (Facebook and Blogger especially). I tried connecting my author page on Facebook with this blog, but somehow muddled the whole affair. I'm sure I'll work it out. It's neat finding a new voice. Now, I'm sorry I waited so long before getting my feet into this whole thing.

Soon, I'm sure I'll have all sorts of things to do here. I'd like to put up sample chapters, some short stories, and tips and tricks for various things. Mostly, I'm here to enjoy myself and hopefully entertain. I can't say that I'll have much rhyme or reason to start with, since it'll just follow what I'm interested in.

To start things off, I've been reading The Darwath Trilogy by Barbara Hambly. I read it back when I was a youngster, and I've been enjoying it just as much as I did back then. It's fantasy, but somewhat horror (not really, but just enough to make things tense). I normally don't like dark fantasy, but this one is a lot of fun. Who doesn't like wish fulfillment stories where a biker turns into a wise wizard, and a geologist college student becomes a hardened city guard?

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment