Thursday, December 7, 2017

Christmas music is the best part of the year.

I love Christmas music. In fact, I regularly listen to Christmas songs throughout the year. I've never felt tied to seasons for my music, and Christmas music is inspirational and heart-warming. I love them, even the silly ones like "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." Yup, even the hippo song. It's great music anyway, but I love having my heart filled with encouragement. Life is tough and hard, so why not freshen it with goodness?

Plus, much of holiday music is made purely for fun and good cheer. I enjoy listening to stuff that makes me happy, gets my feet moving, or raises goosebumps on my arms. Music is like a wonderful story you can experience over and over and over. There's incredible power in music to heal, comfort, and inspire. I find holiday music is especially good at that.

Sure, Christmas could become boring and over-used, but it's like the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life," and is perfect at least once a year. Let yourself experience the wonder all over again, and listen with fresh ears. Break out the Christmas music and smile. It's a wonderful time to be alive.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment