Saturday, July 8, 2017

Sometimes I just want to turn off my brain and enjoy a good action film.

In movies there are "summer blockbusters" or so-called "popcorn movies" which are fun, action-filled, films with flimsy plots and lots of grunting. They are pure escapism. If you try to dissect the story, or search for hidden meanings, you'll end up either very disappointed or aggressively confused.

Goofy blockbuster movies are fun, mindless, entertainment which may or may not have actual depth to their stories. Why demean this form of enjoyment? I sure have in the past, but my best friends taught me not to be so stubborn and judgmental. Due to those lessons, I hope I've become a much better man and kinder and nobler and more magnificent and wonderful and all around a fantastic kinda guy!

See what dumb action movies can do for you? It's miraculous!

- M

Seriously though, there's no need to disregard the silly or absurd. There's great value in being goofy. Comedy dwells in the realm of the curious. Children's tales are filled with the fantastic. And wisdom comes from all quarters. It's only the truly foolish who ignore everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment