Saturday, June 17, 2017

To all the fathers, we celebrate you and your efforts. It wasn't all in vain...

My hero. My dad. A bit younger, when his ears where shorter...
How often do we thank our fathers? I'll be forthright and admit I am lacking in that score. My dad is my hero. He is everything I want to be in life: honest, generous, willing to help anyone, loving, caring, and bears the wisdom of the ages as a crown upon his brow. I love my dad. I'm proud of my dad. And, dad, I want to thank you for all you've done, and all you've given up for me and my brother. You are my hero, dad, and always will be.

Fathers demonstrate what it is to be a man to their boys and girls. They show how men respond to women, and what it means to "toughen up and be a man." No, it's not grunting and being abrasive and saying nothing hurts. Fathers are role models in their children's lives, and if you are a father then you know how overwhelmingly humbling that consideration becomes to you. Fathers aren't perfect, but I have a hard time believing my father isn't pretty close to the goal.

Give your father a warm hug. Tell him how much you love him. Show him you care. Let him know and don't ever allow yourself to leave the talking until it's too late. Regret is a horrible thing, so do yourself a favor and give your father a call today!
 

Happy Father's Day!


- M

No comments:

Post a Comment