Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Paper cut! Someone call the paramedics!

Isn't it amazing how such flimsy pieces of paper can cut so devastatingly? I find paper does a better job of slicing than most razor blades. Actually, a magician wrote a great card magic book called "Cards as Weapons." Anyway, the trouble with paper cuts is they hurt like fire and they take forever to heal. Of course, paper is terrible when you actually want it to cut; it's more of an ambush sort of tool.
image credit

Yesterday, I decided to use another tool in an unusual way. Apparently unhappy with how I was shaving, my razor (5 bladed of course) took issue with my finger and relieved it of a few layers of fingerprint. I was so startled that I couldn't figure out what happened for a minute or two, until blood started flowing and I knew for sure what happened. I was unaware "safety razors" were so cruel. It seems very deceiving to market them as safe when they clearly are capable of serious devilry.
 
I'm sure there are other usually benign tools we have in our daily lives just waiting to pummel, rip, and tear us to pieces. Our houses are filled to the brim with things waiting to send us to the Emergency Room. I refuse to be afraid, to quaver in fear, or to bend to the will of these paltry objects. I am the master of my own domain! Let all paper fear my wrath!
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment