Thursday, September 22, 2016

Hobbies and Collections

Do you have a hobby? What about something you collect? I think we need something to do that's long lasting. I remember collecting stamps as a kid--though, to be fair, my parents bought them for me and I stuck them in stamp books. One of my best friends collects trite jokes, another pens, and I love swords. Hobbies and collecting things are like owning a pet, but for adults.

I'm not sure why we grow up and completely forget how to enjoy ourselves. Maybe that's why kids don't want to grow up? They probably see us as stuffy and dusty and not a bit of fun. Well, kids are wrong, because adults are great fun, and we can spend hours simply staring at the grass being watered. Yup, now that's excitement! Then, watch as we sit and nap in our reclining chairs. Adults are barrels of fun--
 
I've been working on my sarcasm lately, tee hee.
 
But, really, try picking a hobby and spend time pursuing it. Enjoyment is found in work and play both. Maybe it's okay to try it, don't you think? My wife quilts, and has endless enjoyment crafting these heirlooms that we all treasure. Yes, hobbies can benefit others, and if you collect rare items you can earn quite a bit of money as well. Also, you learn more about the world at the same time.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment